6th May 2023
From the Faro de Fuencaliente to Los Llanos de Aridane. An exciting journey along the route of the volcanoes.
Faro de Fuencaliente
The mythical Faro de Fuencaliente, at sea level, will be the starting point of this race. From this legendary place to Los Llanos de Aridane along the impressive route of the volcanoes. A track that will take you through some of the most magical and beautiful corners of La Isla Bonita. With vertiginous ascents and descents that will make you feel the strength of a territory that emerges from the lava. A physically and mentally demanding race, but so beautiful that you will forget the effort.
Athletes must carry the mandatory equipment at all times during the race. You should be prepared for random checks on the course. If you are missing any item you will receive a time penalty and may not be allowed to continue the race.
For detailed information see the Race Regulations document HERE.
- CLOSED SHOE suitable for trail running.
- RUNNING PACK to carry mandatory equipment.
- WATER RESERVE MIN. 1,5l.
- FOOD RESERVE. Recommendation: 800kcal (e.g., 2 gels+2 energy bars of 65g each).
- PERSONAL GLASS of 15cl/5 oz minimum.
- ONE HEADLIGHT WITH BACK RED LIGHT and with replacement batteries.
- MOBILE PHONE.
- JACKET WITH HOOD. Waterproof and breathable membrane, minimum 10,000 mm.
- SECOND ADDITIONAL THERMAL LAYER.
- SURVIVAL BLANKET minimum 1.4 x 2m.
- ADHESIVE ELASTIC BAND minimum 100 x 6 cm.
- WARM GLOVES.
- CAP OR BANDANA.
NOTE: Poles are not allowed from the Faro de Fuencaliente to Los Canarios.
No assistance is allowed at any point along the course. No pacers are allowed.